Connecticut Elder Law Attorneys
Protecting the Rights & Interests of the Elderly
The aging process brings with it more than just certain physical limitations— it’s also important to consider various financial and legal issues, such as Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, and estate planning matters. It’s also wise to create a plan in the event that you are unable to make decisions for yourself.
Laws regarding elder care vary in every state and are always subject to change. A caring, qualified attorney from our firm, with a dedicated focus in elder law- can help with estate planning and estate administration, health planning with Medicaid, probate, wills, trusts and advanced directives. Having one of our experienced Connecticut elder lawyers on your side can make all the difference in ensuring that your rights and interests are protected.
We go beyond merely preparing the paperwork for a disability trust and instead help our clients create entire plans centered on their continued well-being. We believe there is great value in planning for a future disability, even if you are currently healthy. This can help you ensure that your estate is protected, and that you and your loved ones are properly cared for indefinitely.
At Disability Planning Partners, we believe that the elderly should be able to live with dignity and with as much independence as possible, regardless of any disabilities or handicaps. Aging, disability, Alzheimer’s, memory loss and dementia are realities every family faces- you don’t have to face it alone. We work together with our clients as a team in order to devise a personalized plan that promotes each individual’s long-term physical, emotional, and financial well-being- no matter what the future may hold.
Ensure the people in your care have the right elder law firm – call (860) 238-0031 today!
What Elder Law Services in CT Do We Provide?
Our team is ready to assist you with a wide variety of elder law-related matters. Aging, disabilities and the dilemmas that come with it, affect us all. No matter how complex your unique situation may be, we take the time to look at every detail of your specific circumstances in order to provide sound legal counsel and create a plan that’s tailored to you.
Some of our primary areas of practice in elder law include:
- Applying for state and federal benefits applicable to medical care, in-home care, assisted living or nursing home care for the elderly and people with disabilities Ensuring your long term care includes asset protection
- Preparing a legally sound Last Will and Testament that specifically addresses your wishe
- Planning to protect your spouse if you pass away
- Determining how to best protect your assets while ensuring they are distributed according to your wishes
- Creating a power of attorney to designate a person to make financial decisions in the event that you are unable to make these decisions for yourself
- Creating advance healthcare directives to specific medical treatment in the event you are not able to make healthcare decisions for yourself;, create a living will; and set forth your preferences regarding end-of-life care
- Establishing a trust or trusts to provide for loved ones
While all of these matters may be complex, our team of elder law attorneys can help you navigate the process and clearly understand your various options. We have an in-depth understanding of the four dimensions of disability, including age-related disabilities.
Our attorneys understand how to navigate the various channels involved in elder law. You can feel confident that your interests will be protected. We are here for you during all of life’s major transitions.
Call our firm at (860) 238-0031 to learn more about elder law in CT and how our team can help you.