Disability Planning for Early Onset Health Conditions in Hartford, Connecticut
We support individuals diagnosed with a long-term illness that presents before age 65. We plan for the full spectrum of early-onset diseases, including (but certainly not limited to) Early Onset Dementia, Multiple Sclerosis, ALS, and Parkinson’s Disease.
Regardless of the diagnosis, individuals affected by early-onset disease are often plagued by similar questions and concerns, such as:
- I was the primary breadwinner—how will my family be financially supported?
- How can I receive the long-term support I need without bankrupting my family?
- How can I send my children to college?
- How do I cope with this shift in my quality of life?
- Where will I find professionals to support me and my family as I am newly diagnosed?
- How will my illness affect my family?
- I know I’m going to need supports as my illness progresses—what are my options?
While we can’t take your disability away, we can help you to acclimate to a new normal, and plan for your financial and personal future to the fullest possible degree. We can provide the following types of support:
- Plan in tandem with trusted professionals to restructure financial assets to support your current and future care needs, and the needs of close family members
- Apply for supports and services that will reduce your out of pocket care expenses
- Conduct collaborative family meetings that facilitate the shift to a new normal
- Update your estate plan to support your new needs, and current and future goals
Contact Disability Planning Partners today at (860) 238-0031 to get started.