Intellectual Disabilities Lawyers Connecticut
Disability Planning Lawyers in Connecticut
At Disability Planning Partners, we take care to understand the unique challenges faced by individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities as well as mental health needs. Because these disabilities often span an individual’s lifetime, we seek to develop a lifelong relationship with these individuals in planning for the challenges of tomorrow and today.
We understand the needs of young and school-age children; young adults transitioning out of the school system; individuals seeking to understand and access housing options; individuals seeking employment and recreational opportunities; and those who seek to age in place.
Our legal disability attorney team can support you by:
- Advocate for individuals applying for or receiving services through the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) and/or the Department of Social Services (DSS) to ensure their rights and benefits are fully protected
- Help individuals to transition from the family home to a long-term, sustainable home of their own with the proper level of supervision, supports, and services
- Identify and assist in applying for all state and federally funded public benefit programs that can assist the individual
- Create and assist in funding special needs trusts and ABLE accounts to protect financial eligibility for public benefit programs such as Medicaid and Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Guide families through the probate court process of appointing an individual(s) to protect the individual’s finances and personal welfare